Audio Books

I’ve always been one to prefer reading actual books over audio books, but here lately I haven’t had time to read any books. My girlfriend suggested I should get some audio books and put them on my iPod so I can get some “reading” done while working. I wasn’t sure how it would be at first and I felt like I would be betraying all the books I ever read. But, I eventually adjusted to them without any problem. It makes work go by really fast. Of course, I am disappointed with some of the styles in which the books are read, especially in a series that I’ve already the first couple. I’m a fan of the Eragon series (not the movie, it was like someone ate the book and regurgitated a script) and I read the first two. Then earlier this year I bought the third book and it sat on my shelf for months. I didn’t have the free time to dedicate to reading it. That’s when my girlfriend made the suggestion about the audio books. Without waiting for an answer from me she went out and bought the book on CD so I could listen to them at work. I wasn’t sure I wanted to at first. I felt like I was taking the easy way out, being lazy. Then I adjusted to it. I wasn’t satisfied with the way some of the voices were read and the style in which it was narrated. I had a specific idea of the way the voices of the characters sounded and acted and it clashed with the readings on the CDs. It wasn’t a horrible reading; it just wasn’t what I was expecting. I finished that audio book and I’ve moved on to other books now. I still prefer reading actual books. I only listen to the audio books while I’m at work. If I’m at home, I pick up the real thing and start reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment