Last Minute Blogs

I’m new to blogging. I’m not into putting my thoughts and my life out there for other people to read. I don’t have a MySpace or a facebook. I have nothing against anyone that likes to social network, it’s not for me. Social networking is not that appealing to me, yet I’m in a multimedia class learning about blogging, social networking, and web text. Blogging is interesting and I can see how some people can get addicted to it, but I can’t dedicate all that time to writing arbitrary sentences that serve no purpose. Besides the TLM blog I posted a couple of months ago, I have never blogged. This is actually my second time to blog. I probably would have already made other posts before this one, but I’m a procrastinator. I have no problem admitting. I’ve always been that way and I have little hope of changing.

2 comments:

Rachel 久允 said...

I used to blog all the time, but I've fallen away from it. Not having a living, breathing audience I know I can catch up on in person afterwards makes it less appealing. I used to love reading quips from a friend of mine in Dallas who used to blog, but really, we talk on the phone more.

It's been easier for me to blog for the class if I make a note in class of something I have an opinion on. I go back later and write a blog based on that idea and elaborate on it. I have one blog that's actually a response to a couple of other classmates' blogs. My responses in their comments sections got a little long. At least now they will count toward my total (LOL).

Pick a topic we've discussed in class, big or small, and take it on as your personal exposé. Hope this helps.

Sara and Brian said...

Actually, Arwin, you also posted the link to the print journalism discuss, which was pretty interesting. And, if you want to make all the posts refer to ideas from the readings/class discussion, that's fine (if doing so will make it all feel less arbitrary). I gave everyone the option of 3 "freebie" posts in case they wanted to explore some other things, but that choice is up to everyone individually.

Here's the thing, and my personal bias concerning social networking tech has probably become pretty clear by now, but I think blogs (though precidated on the same idea of sharing thoughts with audiences seen and unseen) are probably the best means of actually improving writing skills--Twitter and Myspace I have serious reservations about, but that's all IMHO.

Post a Comment