Turing Test

I found the Turing test an interesting concept. When we first read about the test and discussed it in class, I remember thinking that it sounded very familiar to me. I couldn’t figure out why. The other day I was going through my collections of movies trying to watch something to pass some time and I came across Blade Runner. It’s a futuristic movie starring Harrison Ford where he hunts and destroys androids pretending to be humans. In the movie they have a test procedure where a person asks another person a series of questions and analysis their answers to determine if they are human or android. I think it is cool that the writers for the movie incorporated the test and applied to a movie that millions of people have seen. It would make it easier to explain the Turing test to a person who has seen Blade Runner if the person has trouble understanding the text. Here is a video of the test from the movieor just click this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment